Sunday, June 21, 2009

A little present

This last week I've been attending the Institute for Chemical Literacy through Computational Science (ICLCS). It's a pretty intensive program which goes for two weeks and lasts from 8 am to 8 pm everyday. I also was in charge of the food for our Stake Youth Conference which happened this last weekend as well. So on Thursday night I went to ICLCS and then I went straight to chaperon the youth dance. You can imagine that I was getting home pretty late that night and that I was extremely tired. I had to make several trips to unload the car of all the leftover food we had and as I stepped out of my house I stepped on something that was plump and soft, but also crunched under my foot. When I looked back to see what that weird thing was I had stepped on I realized I stepped on A DEAD BIRD! That was gross!

The next morning I hurried out of the house to go to my institute and I just barely missed THE DEAD BIRD! This time it was covered in flies and I probably would have smelled bad if I actually had stepped on it! Thank goodness Tom took care of it before I got home that day! It's kind of amusing that we got such a present even though we don't have a pet to bring us one.

Just another thought. I always think that the word "chaperon" needs to have an "e" at the end. I hate that I always misspell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment